The sports programme is a major feature of Tuakau College with many students playing a range of sports on a regular basis. This kete encourages students to participate, perform and to strive for excellence in their chosen codes with pride, dedication and perseverance.
Coaching is provided in a range of sports to allow students to achieve their potential in the sport of their choice. Our success on the sporting field is largely credited to the strong commitment, experience and expertise of the teaching staff, parents and supporters, and the enthusiasm and dedication of our students. As a signatory to the Fair Play code, we remind students and parents/caregivers of their obligations to ensure fair play in all sports.
Our sporting codes include:.
- Rugby | Netball | Soccer | Athletics | BMX | Squash | Golf
- Hockey | Basketball | Motocross | Cross-Country | Swimming
- Table tennis | Equestrian | Touch Rugby | Volleyball | Triathlon
- Orienteering | Rowing | Tennis | Badminton.
Overseas Tours ~
Over the past 10 years, senior students have visited the Cook Islands, India and Outback Australia as part of a cultural and educational experience. Our next tour is to China and is open to all Year 11 – 13 students willing to participate in the associated fundraising.
Other Activities ~
The school runs a range of interesting and rewarding activities designed to develop leadership skills and cater for a variety of interests including:
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme – an internationally acknowledged scheme.
- Spirit of New Zealand – Sailing skills, leadership experiences and opportunities.