Effective from (date)
The guidelines for development and operation of enrolment schemes are issued under section 11G (3) of the Education Act 1989 for the purpose of describing the basis on which the Secretary’s powers in relation to enrolment schemes will be exercised.
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
The enrolment scheme home zone includes:
- State Highway 1 (SH1) between Nikau Road and Oram Road
- Includes Razorback Road (addresses 270 and above), Jimeda Road, Pirrit Road, Nikau Road and Oram Road
- State Highway 2 (SH2) between SH1 and Rawiri Road
- Includes SH2 off roads, Rimu Road, McMillan Road, Pinnacle Hill Road (addresses 133 and below), Graham Road, Brljevich Road, Moon Ridge Close, Paparimu Road (addresses 700 and above), Twining Road, Mangatawhiri Road and off roads included, Buckingham Road, Caie Road, Bell Road, Jeff Road, Golf Road and Rawiri Road.
- SH2 to Mercer via Koheroa Road
- Includes off roads,
- Mercer to Pukekawa via Mercer Ferry Road
- Includes Mercer Ferry Road and off roads, Morrison Road, Clark and Denize Road, Native Road, Geraghty Roads
- Pukekawa to Tuakau via Old Highway 22 and River Road
- Includes Old Highway 22 (address 765 as well as addresses 762 and below), Hunt Road (addresses 69 and below), Murray Road, Mile Bush Road, Onewhero Tuakau Bridge Road (addresses 92 and below included), Tuakau Bridge – Port Waikato Road (addresses 616 and below included), River Road and off roads included, George Street and off roads included, McGuires Lane and Fermanagh Grove included.
- Tuakau to Buckland via Buckland Road
- Includes Buckland Road (addresses 2026, 1999 and above included) and off roads included, Booth Crescent, Edinburgh Street, Rees Way, Arawhata Way, Henderson Avenue, Delphi Grove, Village Place, Lili Road, Hua Place, McGowan Rise, Martindale Lane, Cherry Grove, West Street, Westhaven Place, Trillick Place included.
- Excludes Tuakau Road
- North from Tuakau along Harrisville Road to Ruebe Road
- Includes Harrisville Road (addresses 406 and below and off roads included apart from Buckville Road), Bovill Way, Gordon Paul Place, Ruebe Road, Jericho Road (addresses 223, 228 and below included),
- Tuakau to Pokeno via Whangarata Road
- Includes Ridge Road and all off roads.
All residential addresses on included sides of boundary roads and all no exit roads off included sides of boundary roads are included in the zone unless otherwise stated.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a Special programme approved by the Secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
First Priority This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary
Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship